I have a confession to make. I’m a little granola. Not totally crunchy, because seriously, who has time for that? But I’ve always enjoyed learning ways to be healthier which then leads to more productivity and overall wellness. One passion of mine is DIY healthy alternatives to everyday products. I’ve been experimenting for years and still do so as often as I can, especially now that I have two little boys.
Over the years, I’ve made my own cleaning products, sunscreen, candles, immune boosters, facial cleansers, detox aids, anti-fungal salves, skin creams, and more. Some of the most effective ingredients in many of the products I make are essential oils.
Let me share some of my favorite essential oils and why I use them as well as a DIY recipe that is super simple to make.
- Peppermint: Aromatically for headaches, nausea, and an energy boost
- Lemon: For cleaning and air freshening, also delicious in sparkling water
- Lavender: Aromatically and topically for restful sleep; Topically for itching bug bites or poison ivy.
- Tea Tree: Aromatically for respiratory support. Topically for anti-fungal, cold sores, and spot treatment of blemishes
- Frankincense: Topically for healthy skin
Recipe for Super Relaxing Bath Salts
- 1 Cup Epsom Salts
- 8-10 drops of essential oils of your choice!
- I like 4 drops Lavender, 2 drops Cedarwood, 2 drops Orange
- Mix well and store in a glass container. Pour about 1/4 Cup under running bath water (or as much as desired), then enjoy a relaxing bath.
Although I use essential oils on a daily basis, there are still so many uses of these amazing tools that I have yet to unlock. I think everyone would benefit greatly from learning more about essential oils.